Childcare is provided for a variety of activities sponsored through Germantown Baptist Church, including those listed below.
Childcare is provided 15 minutes prior to worship services for preschoolers (Birth-2 Years Old).
Childcare is provided for mothers who participate in our women’s Bible studies. Childcare is provided on a limited basis; reservations are required. These studies generally follow the Shelby County school calendar.
Preschool childcare (MOPPETS) is provided for the MOPS (Mothers of Preschoolers) program. MOPS meets on the first and third Wednesday mornings of each month during the school year. Reservations are required to obtain childcare.
Childcare is provided for special events sponsored through the church. These include special services, monthly Connect Group social events and other events on an as-needed basis.
Specific childcare policies vary with the type of events, but some of the main policies are as follows:
- A security system will always be used. Depending on the type of event, our parent pager security system or a security card system is used. Children can only be dropped off and picked up by an adult with the proper security slip.
- Children who have shown symptoms of illness within the past 24 hours should not be left in childcare. If a child becomes ill while in our care, the parent will be notified.
- Parents using childcare on Sunday and Wednesday evenings must remain in the building. If the parent is attending a church sponsored event away from the church, the childcare coordinator must have a way to contact the parent, and the parent must be able to return to the church in case of an emergency.
- Our childcare teachers are paid employees of Germantown Baptist Church.
- Our teachers must be at least 18 years old, an active member of a church with similar doctrinal belief to Southern Baptists, in good health, and a non-smoker.
If you would like more information regarding childcare provided by Germantown Baptist Church, please contact Karen Wylie (Director of Childcare) at 901.260.5729 or click here.
To see the complete GBC Check-in Procedure for Children, click here.